Friday, June 12, 2015

NBA finals

The NBA finals are tied at 2-2 between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors.  There are a lot of story lines so far in these finals.  Lebron James by far is the best player in the NBA.  The first three games of the finals, Lebron was dominant and led a team of marginal players to two victories.  Lebron can do some amazing things on the basketball court.  No one can deny that he is a dominant force.  With this in mind, I am not a fan of Lebron.  There is a huge sense of drama in almost all that he does.  I understand that this can be said of just about everything in the NBA.

Matthew Dellevadova had a great start to the series.  The Cleveland Cavaliers have won two games and this man has played his heart out in those victories.  This is a great example of understanding your role and doing what needs to be done to help your team.  The problem is he may be exhausted from his efforts.  Game four was a struggle for him.

Another Cleveland Cavalier that is having a good series is Tristan Thompson.  That man is a beast on the offensive glass.  Another player executing his role.  He goes so hard after every rebound.

I am rooting for the Golden State Warriors because I appreciate ball movement and scoring the basketball.  For those that knew me in my coaching days, you may be shocked to find that I am not rooting for the defensive minded Cavs.  The Warriors simply all year have been fun to watch.  My view from the tailgate lot, or for the finals Bdubs or the man cave, leads me to enjoy offensive basketball more these days.

Klay Thompson and Steph Curry can simply shoot the ball.  They also can make plays.  However, they have not had a good series so far.  Credit the Cav defense for sure.  Game 4 showed how powerful the Warrior offense can be.  They spread the floor and attacked the lane.  The inside out action was beneficial in the game 4 win.  The real key though is making shots.  I still believe that defense wins, but shots still need to go in.

My prediction for the rest of the series is Golden St in 6.  If I am wrong, it will be because Lebron James is one of the greatest ever(possible GOAT) , but I believe that the Cavs may be out of gas.

That's it from the tailgate lot of the NBA finals.
Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment